Just how ready are you for transitioning into civilian life?
This assessment gauges the amount of stress you may be experiencing with regard to your transitioning process. You’ll develop a clearer understanding as to as to why it feels like you are riding an emotional roller coaster when you think about your transition, e.g. some days feeling confident about it, as in “bring it on;” and other days feeling overwhelmed, as in “OMG, how am I gonna pull this off?” It will also show specific areas where you are experiencing stress with regard to your transitioning process and how this stress may be impacting your confidence.
This assessment will prepare you to find the way ahead in your post-military life! This package includes:
- The 30-Minute Transitional Readiness Assessment
- A 90-Minute results review and personal plan of attack for your transition process
TOTAL PRICE= $200
Find the way ahead in your post-military life!
When transitioning from the military into the civilian world, confidence is needed and learning to handle stress is a must! It’s time to have a coach that functions similar to a sports coach. He/she’s there before the game (preparing for transition), during the game (while transitioning) and after the game (post-game transition celebration).
Know How to Achieve Transitional Readiness by Understanding:
- Your personal degree of confidence vs. complacency and the impact they have on your transition
- Where stress imposes on your ability to transition effectively
- The manner in which you manage stress when obstacles in your transitioning process occur
- How you personally tend to react to unforeseen circumstances during your transition
- How to stop negative reactions before they start, or get off them as quickly as possible when they do kick in
- The areas where you can become more proactive “forwarding the action” in your transition
What is the Civilian Readiness Assessment and Transition Coaching Process?
- The 30-Minute Civilian Readiness Assessment
- One 90-Minute debrief
- Four 50 minute coaching sessions designed to prepare you for your transition
TOTAL PRICE: $200 + $500=$700
Feeling uncertain as to how to enter into the civilian work force? With my interview readiness package, we will focus on the three key elements needed to transition back to civilian life are clarity, focus and confidence. This means that in just 8 weeks, you will find clarity as to your way ahead in the civilian work-world, you will be able to translate it into terms a hiring organization will understand and you’ll have the confidence to face a civilian interview. The program’s structure is as follows:
Weeks 1-2: Gearing Up
- Week 1: measuring your areas of uncertainty and outlining your goals
- Week 2: Review your Civilian Readiness Assessment Results and identify next steps
Weeks 3-4: Defining Clarity
By this point, your uncertainties and stress will be considerably less if not altogether dissipated. Now, we can really dig in to review your military life and determine the assignments that brought the largest benefits to you, discover their commonalities and learn how they can be applied in the civilian world. You will also have answers to these critical questions:
- Who am I? If I’m not an “O” or an “E” anymore, what am I now going forward?
- What am I passionate about?” Can I turn my passions into a career opportunity?
- Are there any clues to my work related passions in the jobs I enjoyed doing during my military career?
Weeks 5-6: Sharpening your Focus
Just like the military prepares you to know the culture of a country you’re deploying into, you need to know the culture of the organization you are interviewing with. You have to be “combat ready” to deal with whatever arises in-country. In these sessions you will learn how to mentally “hang up your uniform,” become one of “them,” and demonstrate your value to their organization. You will also learn how deal with the most common, albeit stereotypical, reservations they may have with hiring former military, such as:
- Are you too stiff or too formal for their culture
- Do you have an entitlement mindset because of your service or rank held?
- Can you think for yourself without taking an order, e.g. are you self sufficient?
Weeks 7-8: Confidence turns to Fealessness
By now, you are ready, willing and able to lose the intimidation factor that exists when embarking on a Civilian interview. You will then learn to:
- Speak in terms they understand and care about, such as: employee productivity, teamwork, profit margins, customers, markets…
- Answer questions with enthusiasm
- Demonstrate you can fully integrate into their culture
Note: Individual Coaching sessions, are offered also in 1, 3 or 6 month packages on any topic you choose. Contact John for more information.
Get started on your path to Civilian Success with these programs by contacting John today!
* No refunds on services rendered. All payments are final.